If you’ve been following my blog posts over the summer, you’re no doubt aware that I was intending to take the MCAT on September 10. About three weeks ago, I began reviewing physiology but started getting really stuck, since my general biology classes had largely ignored physiology. It started to become apparent to me that I was learning for the MCAT rather than reviewing. This wound up taking a lot more time than I had thought that it would and I began to fall a lot further behind. So, after a good deal of internal debate and thought, I decided that I would postpone the MCAT until the end of next summer. Unfortunately, this is going to require postponing my application yet another year, so I’ll be applying in June 2013. Not really a fan of this, but I don’t have much of a choice.
In the interim, I’m registered for a year-long biochemistry course this year as well as a physiology class. I think that with both of these under my belt, particularly physiology, I should be much more prepared for the exam next summer. I’ll probably feel a lot more confident about it as well. Overall, I’m a little disappointed, but I think that I’ll do better on the exam and will probably have a chance to do other things to strengthen my application as well.